The VARIAXIS i-Series is a highly versatile line of full, simultaneous 5-axis Machining Centers that performs multiple and complex curved surface machining on large, heavy workpieces in single setups.
The series falls within Mazak's Done-In-One® concept by incorporating all processes from raw material input through final machining in just one machine. As such, the VARIAXIS machines reduce production lead times, improve machining accuracy and lower operating expenses.
VARIAXIS machines also offer high levels of productivity via an extremely fast, high-rigidity spindle design that can handle a wide variety of applications, from heavy-duty cutting to high-speed cutting of aluminum and other nonferrous material.
Mazak's highly advanced MATRIX 2 CNC control brings increased ease of operation to these machines. Enhanced hardware and software functionalities within the control make it easy to use while also delivering high accuracy and increased productivity. Control hardware performance is much faster with higher processing speeds for small increment operation. Furthermore, a 5-axis spline interpolation function included in the control's software provides smooth toolpaths from long block-by-block programs, easy tool vector control and shorter cycle times as well as superior surface finishes.
Optional two-pallet changers allow for continuous operation and for integrating the machines into PALLETECH Manufacturing Systems for full automation.
- Done-In-One capability streamlines production and improves overall management
- Intelligent Functions provide ease of operation and optimum efficiency
- Wide range of spindle speeds available for exceptional versatility
- Reliable cam-driven tool changer offers higher productivity
- Various tool magazine capacities provide part-processing flexibility
- High-rigidity table with roller gear cams eliminate backlash to ensure accuracy
- MX Hybrid Roller Guide System offers durability and reliability for long-term accuracy
- MATRIX 2 CNC control provides unbeatable accuracy and increased productivity
Contact your local Mazak Representative or visit one of our Technology Centers to identify what Mazak Machining Center best fits your part-processing needs.