While our vertical machining centers range in size and capacity, we design each one with quality, reliability, ease of operation and safety in mind. Furthermore, thanks to our Production-On-Demand manufacturing philosophy, all of our vertical machining centers incorporate the latest, most advanced milling technology for boosting productivity and growing your business.
What is Vertical Machining?
Machining, also known as milling, relies on rotary cutters to remove metal from a workpiece. Vertical machining occurs on a vertical machining center (VMC), which employs a spindle with a vertical orientation. With a vertically oriented spindle, tools stick straight down from the tool holder, and often cut across the top of a workpiece.
Why Mazak Vertical Machining Centers?
Vertical Machining Benefits
- 3-, 4- and 5-axis capabilities for infinite possibilities as to the part shapes you can process
- Temperature stability through integral cooling
- MX Hybrid Roller Guides provide durability and reliability for long-term accuracy
- On-board probing for part location and feature inspection with the cutting cycle
- User-friendly CNC controls simplify programming and increase productivity
- Pallet changers that increase spindle utilization and reduce part cycle times
A Vertical Machining Solution for Every Application Type
Whether your application calls for small or large part machining in a low- or high-volume production environment, we offer an extensive range of vertical machining centers to ensure you have the best solution for your needs with the lowest cost of ownership in the industry.
Contact your local Mazak Representative or visit one of our Technology Centers to identify what Mazak Machining Center best fits your part-processing needs.