FLORENCE, Ky., July 9, 2019 - Mazak continues to advance North American manufacturing with machines produced in its Florence, Kentucky, facility that help shorten delivery lead times, ensure access to the company's latest technologies and offer customers centralized U.S.-based support. At WESTEC 2019 in Booth 1031, Mazak will spotlight the advanced capabilities of several of these highly productive machines, including the VTC-300 FSW HYBRID Multi-Tasking Vertical Machining Center that features Friction Stir Welding (FSW) capabilities. Attendees will experience live demonstrations of Mazak machines processing real-world parts from such industries as aircraft/aerospace, automotive, high-tech, recreational and medical.
Visitors to the Mazak WESTEC booth will also discover the programming ease and sophistication of the company's MAZATROL Smooth CNCs, which allow for both EIA/ISO and conversational programming. These controls offer advanced access to features, functions and capabilities through unequaled engineering resources that create unsurpassed ease of use and productivity. The MAZATROL conversational interface enables less-skilled operators to answer onscreen questions and enter project data to set up jobs that otherwise would require in-depth programming experience.
On the Kentucky-built VTC-300C FSW HYBRID Multi-Tasking Vertical Machining Center, Mazak will demonstrate how it combines subtractive multi-axis machining with FSW joining capabilities. Friction stir welding (FSW) produces a pure, clean weld that improves on the strength, quality and durability of MIG welding and other options, and that eliminates the problems of weakened material properties at the point of welds.
At the Mazak booth, applications experts will be on hand and ready to help attendees overcome tough production challenges and to conduct live demonstrations of Mazak's latest machine tool technology.
Kentucky-built Mazak machines at WESTEC include:
- The QUICK TURN 250MSY Multi-Tasking CNC Turning Center with a powerful, integral main turning spindle as well as milling (M), Y-axis capability (Y) and a second turning spindle (S) to finish parts in a single clamping with DONE IN ONE® part processing, producing an aftermarket automotive engine component.
- The VC-300A/5X Vertical Machining Center with 5-axis rotary/tilt table and advanced technology for high-precision small-parts processing, producing a medical-industry bone plate, and the VC-500A/5X Vertical Machining Center with trunnion-style rotary/tilt table and full 5-axis operation for small complex parts, producing a golf putter for the recreational industry.
- The VCN-535C Vertical Machining Center with high-speed servo-driven automatic tool changer (ATC) for significant reduction of non-cut time.
Additional Mazaks at WESTEC will be:
- The highly productive HQR-200MSY Multi-Tasking Turning Center with twin-spindle, twin-turret configuration for DONE IN ONE part processing, producing an aircraft connector.
- The HCN-5000 Horizontal Machining Center for high-volume production of large, heavy parts, producing a defense-industry upper receiver.
- The advanced INTEGREX i-300S 5-axis Multi-Tasking Turning Center, producing an aerospace crank hinge.