The HCN-16000Q Horizontal Machining Center performs the operations of both an HMC and a traditional boring machine to significantly improve its part processing flexibility and reduce part setups – improving overall throughput.
When the HCN-16000Q is part of an automated Mazak PALLETECH cell, the machine further increases the cell’s overall versatility with DONE IN ONE® processing through the addition of deep boring and U-axis machining capabilities.
For stability, reliability and accuracy, the HCN-16000Q’s double-column design centers the quill to eliminate overhang or imbalance. Mazak’s double column also features a twin ball screw-driven Y axis that ensures fast, precise and smooth Y-axis stroke extension and retraction.
- Quill-head features built-in motor, high-torque, direct-drive spindle
- Linear drive guides
- Angular contact bearings support Z-axis thrust for heavy-duty boring and drilling operations
- Roller-type bearings provide stability during face milling and heavy roughing operations
- Automatic tool changer available to further boost set up speeds
- Optional automatic attachment changer increases parts processing flexibility through the use of various special operation attachments such as angled heads, U-axis boring tools and facing heads, U-axis OD turning heads and snout heads
- 2 pallet changer system
- Automation ready for Mazak's PALLETECH System
|Capacity||Maximum Workpiece Diameter||3000 mm / 118.110 in||Maximum Workpiece Height||2000 mm / 78.740 in|
|Maximum Speed||3000 rpm|
|Magazine||Number of Tools||80|
|Feed Axes||Travel (X Axis)||2800 mm / 110.24 in|
|Travel (Y Axis)||1600 mm / 62.99 in|
|Travel (Z Axis)||1850 mm / 72.83 in|