A TECHNOLOGY + EDUCATION EVENT
- June 5 – 8, 2018
- Check in/coffee:
- 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM (PT)
- Event Time:
- 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM (PT)
- Western Technology Center
- 1333 West 190th Street
- Gardena, CA 90248
WHAT TO EXPECT
Sharpen your manufacturing productivity practices and discover how automation can boost the output of people and machines on your shop floor. At this live event, you'll experience the latest advancements in Multi-Tasking technology and a wide variety of cost effective automation solutions - from simple to complex - that can enable unmanned operations and increase spindle utilization. Plus, don't miss this opportunity to collaborate with industry leaders and application experts about your shop's specific challenges.
- Experience 16 of our latest machine tools in action
- See more than 10 different robots completing different manufacturing tasks
- Learn how SMOOTH TECHNOLOGY brings unmatched speed, accuracy and functionality to metalworking applications
- Attend Mazak iSMART Factory and IoT presentations
- Hear TEK talks on the latest industry trends and techniques
- Connect with others in the industry at two great social events
|Wednesday, June 6|
The Future of Making Things
The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, and media and entertainment.
Presented by Joe Bailey, Business Development Manager at Autodesk Inc.
My INTEGREX Identity Crisis
The INTEGREX has become the most complete fusion of CNC Turning and Machining centers, forming the most advanced Multi-Tasking machine in the industry. A discussion of how unique fixture ideas combined with machine capability will allow your mind to open to "out of the box" applications for the INTEGREX.
Presented by Andy Newcomb, President/CEO of Precision Machine Products
Social Media Marketing for Manufacturing
Don't be left in the Cyber Dust. Learn how utilizing social platforms will allow you to connect to customers, prospects, and future talent, to help grow your organization.
Presented by Curtis Chan, Product Marketing Manager at Autodesk Inc.
Additive Manufacturing: Managing Expectations and Performance
Despite the promise of additive manufacturing, near-term expectations about how 3-D printing will revolutionize manufacturing may be over ambitious. Much of the technology is still being hammered out. Paul Dunn examines important myths about additive manufacturing.
Presented by Paul Dunn, Additive Specialist at Los Alamos National Laboratories
|Thursday, June 7|
Dictating Your Own Exit Strategy
Being able to dictate your own exit strategy should be the highlight of your career because it epitomizes the entrepreneurial dream: Go into business, be successful at it, and leave under your own terms. Unfortunately, that's not always the case. Many owners are reluctant to make plans to walk away, and thus leave too many critical decisions to chance. Scott Peterson talks about what you need to know to put a plan together.
Presented by Scott D. Petersen MBA, Financial Advisor at Tax & Financial Group
Diversify Your Wealth Beyond Your Business: How to Prosper in the New Tax Environment
The IRS always wants its pound of flesh but what's changed in the new Tax Environment that could affect this? S Corporation vs. Pass Through Entity, depreciating small business assets, creating liquidity, all these can be very confusing and stressful. Daryl Tusa entertainingly discusses all this and much more and will try and help you decide what is best for your business needs.
Presented by Daryl Tusa CFP, Financial Advisor at Tax & Financial Group
What You Need to Know About Manufacturing Cyber Security
It's no secret that manufacturers are concerned about security. Recent events have shown that manufacturing is a rich target for threats that cause physical damage, facility downtime, and breaches of customer data and intellectual property. Michael Dochterman addresses this front line of Cyber Security.
Presented by Michael Dochterman, President and Founder of Precision Manufacturing Insurance Services
The Manufacturing Business Outlook
U.S. manufacturing is the largest in the world. It produces 18.2 percent of the world's goods. That's more than the entire economic output of Canada, Korea, or Mexico. But America's leadership position is threatened by high operating costs. Manufacturing is forecast to increase faster than the general economy. Production should grow 2.8 percent in 2018. Growth will slow to 2.6 percent in 2019 and 2.0 percent in 2020. Listen in as the president of the largest machine tool builder gives us his outlook on the business horizon.
Presented by Dan Janka, President of Mazak Corporation
TECHNOLOGY IN ACTION
Check out an amazing presentation of Mazak CNC machine tools running live demos at the event.
- QT-PRIMOS 100 with gantry loader
- QUICK TURN 250 with pre-packaged robotic loading system
- QT-PRIMOS 100
- QUICK TURN 200MSY
- QUICK TURN 100MY with barfeeder
- VCN-530C with full-featured automation solution
- VCN-530C with 60-tool magazine
- VC-500 AM
- VARIAXIS i-700 with 2 pallet changer
- MULTIPLEX 6200 with gantry loader
- INTEGREX i-100 BARTAC
- INTEGREX j-200S
- INTEGREX i-200ST with automation solution
Machines and presentations are subject to change.
- Tuesday, June 5th (Discover Mazak Golf Tournament)
- Wednesday, June 6th (Discover Mazak Open House)
- Thursday, June 7th (Discover Mazak Open House)
- Friday, June 8th (Discover Mazak Sporting Clay Tournament)
THE REDONDO BEACH HOTEL
To reserve your room at the beach-inspired hotel in the heart of King Harbor with Mazak rates, follow these steps:
- Step 1: go to www.theredondo.com
- Step 2: Click the drop down menu where it says Promo Code
- Step 3: Type "MAZAK" in the top promo code box and click "book now"
- Step 4: Another screen will come up with Mazak rates
- Step 5: Select your room type and continue booking
DISCOVER GOLF TOURNAMENT
Come early for a day of golf, dining and prizes.
- Tuesday, June 5
- Registration Begins At:
- 10:00 AM (PT)
- Rio Hondo Golf Course in Downey, California
- Download Event Flyer
DISCOVER SPORTING CLAY TOURNAMENT
Stay after to participate in a sporting clay tournament.
- Friday, June 8
- Registration Begins At:
- 9:00 AM (PT)
- Triple B Clays Shooting Park in South El Monte, California
- Download Event Flyer