The spindle is the heart of a machine tool, and we know how much you depend on your machine’s spindle performance to meet your overall production and business goals. At Mazak, we build and repair spindles better than anyone else. So, expanding our already industry-leading Spindle Rebuild Department to make it a spindle production powerhouse is one of our top priorities. The new facility is currently under construction on Mazak’s Kentucky campus. Once it’s complete, we’ll be able to get you the spindles you need faster than ever before, minimizing downtime and helping your shop stay productive and profitable.
Here are the ways we’re improving our Spindle Rebuild Department:
- We’re expanding the work area square footage by 10 percent.
- We’re designing a clean, bright and ergonomic workspace to streamline operational flow, efficiency and speed.
- We’re placing the new facility closer to the Mazak Parts Department in the South Building.
- We’re incorporating some new advanced technology, including spindle balancing units and other process systems, especially intended for accommodating larger size spindles.
Here’s how those improvements will help boost your shop’s productivity:
- With an improved, enlarged tool shop comes faster spindle rebuild production. We’ll be able to provide the fastest turnaround times possible for high-quality, OEM-factory-certified spindle rebuild services. You can either have your spindles rebuilt within 3-5 days or exchange your worn spindle for a remanufactured one that ships within 24 hours.
- We’ll continue to offer the option of purchasing a brand-new spindle, having a spindle repaired or acquiring a Mazak rebuilt spindle. The expanded department will also allow us to keep rebuilt spindles in stock and ready for exchange, especially those for use in Mazak’s most popular machine models. This will provide you with yet another cost-effective option.
- The expansion will also make room for additional technicians and allow the department to boost its rebuild output from 70 spindles per month to 100 spindles.
The new Mazak Spindle Rebuild Department is being designed with one specific goal: to support your productivity by repairing and rebuilding spindles with factory-certified parts as quickly as possible using quality work performed by experienced technicians. Our new facility, and all it offers, truly represents our continued commitment to your success, and we can’t wait for you to experience it!