VORTEX HORIZONTAL PROFILER 160 XP
The VORTEX HORIZONTAL PROFILER 160 XP horizontal machining center with full 5-axis capabilities brings unmatched power, speed and accuracy to manufacturers processing medium and large aerospace parts.
Featuring a 160-hp, 30,000-rpm HSK-A63 spindle, the machine cuts a wide range of challenging materials with ease. An optional 30,000-rpm spindle is available for shops that require even higher cutting speeds. The standard tool storage capacity for this machine is 30 tools, while an optional 60-tool magazine is also available for increased machining versatility.
The machine has a large 157” x 49" vertically oriented worktable that accommodates a maximum load capacity of 6,615 pounds. It is also possible to position the worktable horizontally for quick, easy part loading and setup.
Symmetrical and rugged in construction, the machine's special box-type design integrates its base, column and table to ensure consistent, highly rigid cutting performance. An advanced coolant and chip disposal system further stabilizes the machine's cutting processes by minimizing heat displacement.
- Integral motor-spindle design rotates at exceptionally high speeds
- Tool magazine capacity of up to 60 tools offers machining versatility
- Fast rapid traverse rates ensure high levels of productivity
- Rotary/tilt table has a +/- 200º C-axis rotation and a +/- 100º A-axis tilt
- 50-rpm direct-drive motors power both C and A axes
- Integrated base, column and table construction ensures high rigidity
- Advanced coolant system offers efficient chip evacuation
- Optional rotary-type two-table changer further boosts productivity
|Capacity||Table Right/Left||4000 mm / 157.480 in|
|Table Longitudinal||1600 mm / 62.990 in|
|Maximum Speed||30000 rpm|
|Magazine||Number of Tools||60|
|Feed Axes||Travel (X Axis)||4200 mm / 165.35 in|
|Travel (Y Axis)||1500 mm / 59.06 in|
|Travel (Z Axis)||550 mm / 21.65 in|