QUICK TURN NEXUS 500
The QUICK TURN NEXUS (QTN) 500 turning center with a large spindle bore packs the speed, power and precision that’s required for the heavy-duty machining of long, large workpieces, especially those produced for the energy and heavy equipment industries.
As a two-axis configuration in the QUICK TURN NEXUS Series, the machine provides efficient part processing and features a gear-driven spindle headstock, a massive turning turret and CNC programmable tailstock. And Mazak’s MX Hybrid Roller Guide System ensures optimum vibration dampening, extended tool life and the shortest possible cycle times through fast acceleration/deceleration speeds.
Additionally, the QTN 500 pairs with an optional, highly unique tailstock design that combines a standard tailstock with a long boring bar (LBB) to achieve deep-hole boring depths of 46".
- Advanced gear-driven spindle headstock offers maximum power for heavy metal cutting
- Spindle through-bore diameter size of 7.2"
- Massive 15-position drum turret (10 O.D., 5 I.D.) offers heavy cutting capability
- Available rear-mounted chucks add stability for machining long bars and pipes
- CNC programmable tailstock for precise support
- MX Hybrid Roller Guide System delivers durability and reliability for long-term accuracy
- Optional automatic tool eye system detects tool wear and damage
- Advanced CNC technology offers easy programming and fast job setup
- Optional LBB/tailstock combination offers deep-hole boring/milling capability
- Pairs with a variety of chip conveyor system configurations for effective chip management
|Specification||Bed Length - 3000 mm / 120 in||Bed Length - 4000 mm / 160 in|
|Capacity||Maximum Swing||1177 mm / 46.33 in||1177 mm / 46.33 in|
|Maximum Machining Diameter||570 mm / 27.400 in||570 mm / 27.400 in|
|Maximum Bar Work Capacity||184 mm / 7.2 in||184 mm / 7.2 in|
|Maximum Machining Length||2980 mm / 117.340 in||2980 mm / 117.340 in|
|Main Spindle||Chuck Size||21 in||21 in|
|Maximum Speed||1500 rpm||1500 rpm|
|Motor Output (30 minute rating)||60 kw / 80.0 hp||60 kw / 80.0 hp|
|Turret (Upper)||Number of Tools||15||15|
|Feed Axes||Travel (X Axis)||575 mm / 22.75 in||575 mm / 22.75 in|
|Travel (Z Axis)||3068 mm / 120.88 in||4190 mm / 164.68 in|